Cristanne Wijman Young Investigator Award
One award will be given at the Annual Meeting for the outstanding abstract submitted by a junior member of the society (student, resident, or fellow).
- One must be a current member of the Neurocritical Care Society at the time the abstract is submitted.
- One must be a high school, college, or medical school student, resident or fellow at the time of submission to qualify for the award.
- Only abstracts that are designated for consideration for the YIA by the author during the submission process will be considered.
- The recipient is required to attend the Annual Meeting.
Congratulations to Vahid Eslami, MD for receiving the 2016 Cristanne Wijman Young Investigator Award for their abstract titled: Influence of Intracerebral Hemorrhage Location in Patients With Spontaneous Intraventricular Hemorrhage- Results from the Clot Lysis: Evaluating Accelerated Resolution of Intraventricular Hemorrhage (CLEAR) III trial
- 2015: Jens Witsch: Long-term functional, cognitive, and quality of life outcomes after spontaneous subarachnoid hemorrhage: The FRESH-score
- 2014: Rahul Damani, MD: Volumetric Integral Phase-Shift Spectroscopy (VIPS) in Detecting Early Cerebral Edema: Hemodialysis as a Proof of Principal Model
- 2013: Jason Hinzman, PhD: Hemodynamic Responses to Cortical Spreading Depolarization in Severe Traumatic Brain Injury Patients.
- 2012: Yama Akbari, MD: Arousal From Post-Cardiac Arrest Coma Improves After Treatment with Orexin-A in a Rodent Model
- 2011: Torrey Boland, MD: Transfusion of Leukoreduced Blood is Associated with Infection in Aneurysmal Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
- 2010: Jared Pisapia: Inflammatory Cytokine Levels Following Surgical Clipping Versus Coiling of Ruptured Intracranial Aneurysms
- 2009: Pedro Kurtz, MD, MSc: The Effects of Packed Red Blood Cell Transfusion on Cerebral Oxygenation and Metabolism After Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
- 2008: Kazuma Nakagawa, MD: Transfer Function Analysis of Dynamic Cerebral Autoreglation in Non-Traumatic Intracerebral Hemorrhage
- 2007: Andreas Hans-Joachim Kramer: A Comparison of Three Radiographic Scales for the Prediction of Delayed Ischemia and Prognosis Following Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
- 2006: Matthew Eliseo: Post-traumatic nonconvulsive seizures result in an elevation of intracranial pressure and microdialysis lactate/pyruvate ratio
- 2005: Richard Temes: Association of Lowest Left Ventricular Function by Transthoracic Echocardiography (TTE), Stroke From Delayed Vasospasm and 14 Day Functional Outcome After Acute Aneurysmal Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
- 2004: Michael Stiefel