Any current NCS member may apply for the program on behalf of their medical center or university. They should not have received the award in the previous three years. The inviting institution is responsible for securing any permission for the ICP faculty to participate in any activity involving patient care (e.g., HIPPA waivers, etc.).
Invited Clinical Professor
The ICP must be a current member of NCS pharmacy committee who is recognized for their outstanding clinical practice and/or teaching. To be recognized as outstanding, the ICP should have evidence of advancing the practice of critical care medicine, with a particular emphasis in neurocritical care. Below are the list of qualifications. The FNCS committee of NCS will review the applications and select the most qualified candidate based on the needs of the inviting institution. The designated ICP should not have been selected in the previous two years.
Qualifications for ICP Candidates
- Must have Post Graduate (PGY2) training in critical care or equivalent critical care experience
- Must have at least 5 years of experience in neuro ICU
- Must have leadership experience within NCS (FNCS members are preferred but not required)
- Must have at least 3 years of experience in a teaching/academic/community-based hospital
- Must be board certified in pharmacotherapy or critical care pharmacotherapy
- Must have at least 3 publications in neuro ICU topics
Alternatively, the inviting site may request a specific ICP, whose credentials will then be reviewed for eligibility by the Pharmacy Committee.
The visit will be a minimum of one business day and is not expected to be greater than two days.