The Pharmacotherapy of Neurocritial Care Series (PONS) is a curriculum based eLearning series comprised of various neuropharmacotherapy topics presented by experts in the field of neurocritical care. The target audience includes individuals practicing in all medical disciplines, particularly those who are interested in furthering their neuropharmacotherapy knowledge. This series can be used to update or refresh primary providers on the topic, or be utilized to facilitate topic discussions among trainees. Each session includes a library of annotated references used during the presentation.
For a quick, printable reference, please click here to open our PONS pamphlet. This pamphlet includes details regarding who can benefit from the PONS, details regarding each presentation, information about continuing education credits, and more.
How to Access PONS
PONS educational content can be accessed through NCS OnDemand. Please make sure you create, or are logged into, your NCS account for full viewing privileges. NCS membership is not required to view this program.
Click here to enter NCS OnDemand
NOTE FOR NCS MEMBERS: All NCS members are granted FREE access to all non-CME PONS courses. In order to access the free content you will need to be logged in to your NCS account, add the PONS course(s) to your shopping cart, and go through the purchasing process. A product price of $0 will be shown throughout your purchase. If you have any questions regarding access to these free courses, please contact Sara Memmen via e-mail.
PONS Program Pricing
PONS presentations can be purchased with continuing education (CE) credit, or without. Volume II pricing for these presentations is as follows:
- Individual Presentation with CE: $12.00
- Individual Presentation without CE: $0.00
- Bundle purchase (all 6 presentations) with CE: $57.60**
- Bundle purchase (all 6 presentations) without CE: $0.00**
- Individual Presentation with CE: $15.00
- Individual Presentation without CE: $8.00
- Bundle purchase (all 6 presentations) with CE: $72.00**
- Bundle purchase (all 6 presentations) without CE: $38.5**
**Note: The bundle pricing for Volume I and Volume II is different. This is due to the different number of presentations in each Volume. To reference Volume I bundle package pricing, please see below.
Bulk Purchase Discount for Institutions
Bulk discounting is available for institutions purchasing 10 or more PONS CME packages. Bulk pricing rates are $100 per package. To purchase, please e-mail Becca Stickney for invoicing and payment information.
Volume II PONS Topics
- Control of Shiver During Targeted Temperature Management (TTM)
- Neurostimulants in the Neurointensive Care Unit
- Beyond the Horizon: Exploring the Next Frontier in Anticoagulation Reversal
- LDL in Intracerebral Hemorrhage: How Low Can You Go?
- Alteplase for Acute Ischemic Stroke - Updates & Issues
- Management of Super Refractory Status Epilepticus
Volume I PONS Topics
- Acute Blood Pressure Control Following Intracerebral Hemorrhage
- Antithrombotic Reversal in Patients With Intracranial Hemorrhage: A Review of the Guideline
- Diabetes Insipidus
- Get it in your head! Introduction to Intraventricular and Intrathecal Drug Delivery
- ICU Management of Myasthenia Gravis: This Weakness is Getting on My Nerves!
- Management of Status Epilepticus: Breaking Bad!
- Osmotic Therapy for Elevated Intracranial Pressure
- Paroxysmal Sympathetic Hyperactivity
- Targeted Temperature Management (TTM) Effects on Drugs and Shiver Control
- Venous Thromboembolism Prophylaxis: Translating Evidence into Clinical Practice
- Wading in the Weeds: Cannabis Use in the Hospital
**Note: Volume I package pricing is different than Volume II package pricing due to the fact that there are 12 presentations. Please note the Volume I package pricing below.
- Bundle purchase (all 12 presentations) with CE: $115.20
- Bundle purchase (all 12 presentations) without CE: $0.00
- Bundle purchase (all 12 presentations) with CE: $144.00
- Bundle purchase (all 12 presentations) without CE: $77.00
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by Cine-Med and the Neurocritical Care Society. Cine-Med is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education, and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.