UC Davis Medical Center
Nurse Manager, Neurology/Epilepsy Monitoring
Salary Range: $102,000-$266,100 (Grade 28) + Bonus up to 10%
Final Filing Date: November 19, 2021
The nurse manager of the Neurology/Epilepsy monitoring department at UC Davis Medical Center oversees the care delivery to adult neuro surgical, neuro trauma, neurology, and stroke patients on the medical-surgical unit, as well as the neurodiagnostic monitoring for epilepsy and other neuro diagnostics programs including transcranial doppler. Patient conditions include trauma, stroke, brain injury, spinal cord injury, neurological conditions, neurosurgical, epilepsy, seizure disorders, and many other conditions. The Nurse Manager is responsible for the daily twenty-four (24) hour planning, organizing, directing, and controlling of the daily operations and clinical practice of assigned patient care areas, to provide quality, individualized patient care and support of Medical Center philosophies. The Nurse Manager will lead staff to model a professional practice environment by providing a clinically competent staff; encouraging strong interdisciplinary team collaboration and communication; supporting autonomy and accountability; providing staff opportunities for in-service and formal education; stressing the importance of continuous learning; and supporting a culture where concern for the patient is paramount. The Nurse Manager assumes fiscal responsibility through preparation of unit budgets, supports research, participates in both long- and short-term strategic planning, and assures patient advocacy. The Nurse Manager is accountable to the Executive Director, Patient Care Services.Required Qualifications
• A valid California Registered Nurses License without restriction
• Basic Life Support (CPR) certification
• 3-5 years of progressive experience in leadership and management
• Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
• Ability to utilize medical terminology appropriately
• Knowledge of current trends in nursing
• Commitment to excellence in patient care
• Knowledge of legal implications in clinical practice and documentation
• Knowledge of performance improvement and evidence-based practice
• Basic computer skillsPreferred Qualifications
• Experience in neurology in an acute care setting with experience with inpatient epilepsy monitoring
• Certified Neuroscience Registered Nurse
• Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support CertificationSpecial Requirements
• Ability to travel on University business and work hours as needed.
• This position may be subject to a criminal background investigation, drug screen, Live Scan fingerprinting, medical evaluation clearance, and functional capacity assessment.
• The University of California has implemented a SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program SARS-CoV-2 Vaccination Policy (ucop.edu) covering all employees. To be compliant with the policy, employees must submit proof of vaccination or a University-approved exception or deferral.
To view full job description and submit an on-line application visit UC Davis Career Opportunities athttp://22.214.171.124/counter.php?id=212182
Job ID # 25380
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy