Fulfilling the promise of medicine
Kaiser Permanente / The Permanente Medical Group
The Permanente Medical Group, Inc. (TPMG - Kaiser Permanente Northern California) is one of the largest medical groups in the nation with over 9,000 physicians, 22 medical centers, numerous clinics throughout Northern and Central California, and a 75-year tradition of providing quality medical care. We currently have the following opening:NEUROCRITICAL CARE PHYSICIAN
Redwood City, California
This is an exceptional opportunity to join our team of neurointensivists, neurosurgeons, interventional neuroradiologists and other experienced physicians from related specialties. At Kaiser Permanente Redwood City’s Comprehensive Stroke Center, neurointensivists provide full-service care in our closed Neuroscience-Intensive Care Unit. In addition to standard critical care procedures, the neurointensivists are experienced in bedside external ventricular drain, intracranial pressure monitor and percutaneous tracheostomy placements, as well as bedside subdural drainage (SEPS).
Neurointensivist duties include in-person consults on complex stroke and neurosurgical patients outside of the ICU, routine regional phone consultations, as well as management of the Virtual Neuro-ICU service which provides telemedicine consultation to intensivists and neurologists at referring Northern California Kaiser Permanente hospitals on non-surgical, critically ill neurological patients. In sum, neurointensivists cover 1 week blocks of primary Neuro-ICU, consultation service, and Virtual NeuroICU. Stroke telemedicine coverage opportunities exist but are considered optional.
This position requires a BC/BE Neurologist with fellowship training in Neurocritical Care. Must be comfortable working in a closed Neuro-ICU, including independent management of ventilators, continuous infusions, and neurovascular disease. The position promotes and provides ample opportunities with mentoring for clinical research, leadership, teaching, and procedural skills. Candidates who have (or who are eligible to have) a Subspecialty Certification in Neurocritical Care are preferred. Must be eligible to obtain a California medical license or be currently licensed to practice within California.A FEW REASONS TO CONSIDER A PRACTICE WITH TPMG:
• Work-life balance focused practice, including flexible schedules and unmatched practice support.
• We can focus on providing excellent patient care without managing overhead and billing.
• We demonstrate our commitment to a culture of equity, inclusion, and diversity by hiring physicians that reflect and celebrate the diversity of people and cultures. We practice in an environment with patients at the center and deliver culturally responsive and compassionate care to our member populations.
• Multi-specialty collaboration with a mission-driven integrated health care delivery model.
• An outstanding electronic medical record system that allows flexibility in patient management.
• We have a very rich and comprehensive Physician Health & Wellness Program.
• We are Physician-led and develop our own leaders.
• Professional development opportunities in teaching, research, mentorship, physician leadership, and community service.EXTRAORDINARY BENEFITS:
• Competitive compensation and benefits package, including comprehensive medical and dental
• Moving allowance and home loan assistance - up to $200,000 (approval required)
• Malpractice and tail insurance
• Paid holidays, sick leave, education leave
• Shareholder track
• Three retirement plans, including pension
To learn more about these opportunities and to apply, please visit: https://tpmg.permanente.org/.
You may also email your CV to: Ken Baker, Sr. Physician Recruiter, Kenneth.email@example.com
or call (510) 625-6331
(office) or (510) 919-9971
(cell). We are an EOE/AA/M/F/D/V Employer. VEVRAA Federal ContractorConnect With Us: