Brown Neurology and Rhode Island Hospital are seeking a full-time physician scientist and academic leader to serve as Director of the Neurocritical Care Unit (NCCU) and Division Chief of Neurocritical Care within the Department of Neurology.
• The Division of Neuro Critical care at Brown University (Brown Neurology) is seeking to hire a faculty member who will work as a full-time academic investigator, interested in pursuing or continuing an academic, funded career in neuro-critical care. The NCCU is an established, state-of-the-art 18-bed neurological/neurosurgical critical care unit located at Rhode Island Hospital, the only Comprehensive Stroke Center and Level 1 Trauma Center in the state of Rhode Island, with a large catchment area that also includes Southeastern Massachusetts.
• An ideal candidate will have a track record of external research funding and an interest in further expanding the division’s robust research program.
• Pre-existing independent funding is preferable, but candidates with mentored awards who are close to achieving independence are also welcomed to apply.
• In addition to assuming the role of Neurocritical Care Division Chief, the successful candidate will also assume the role of Director of the NCCU, which will entail leading the neurocritical care clinical program and a group of experienced neurointensivists in our large, multi-hospital healthcare system.
• This position involves working closely with experienced colleagues and on-site staff, including advanced practice providers, neuroscience nurses, and research staff, with active participation in multiple clinical trials.
• The successful candidate should have a track record of administrative experience, preferably within a similar academic neurocritical care setting.
• The successful candidate should be eligible for appointment as an Associate Professor or Professor at the Warren Alpert School of Medicine at Brown University.
• Inpatient service time will include attending on the NCCU along with the rest of the neurocritical care faculty.
• The candidate should be committed to advancing healthcare equity in neuro-critical care.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our team of accomplished medical professionals. Brown Neurology is a faculty practice group affiliated with the Warren Alpert Medical School at Brown University and its diverse academic resources. We will provide consistent mentorship, institutional support, and a path to promotion. Inquiries can be sent to Stacy Whirl (firstname.lastname@example.org
With over 40 physicians, Brown Neurology is a large physician group based in Rhode Island and offers competitive salary and outstanding benefits. We at Brown Neurology also value a diverse and talented workplace. We serve a diverse patient population ranging from all over Southern New England, including those from underserved areas, and we seek colleagues who strive to better understand systemic racism as it affects patient care and our academic institutions. All who are eligible are welcome to apply.
Visit us at https://brownphysicians.org/brown-neurology/