UC Davis Medical Center
Neurocritical Care Nurse Practitioner Per Diem
Salary Range: $99.65 Hourly
The Neurocritical Care Nurse Practitioner working as a Nurse Practitioner II provides clinical expertise to acutely and critically ill neurosurgery and neurology patients and their families in inpatient areas, is a resource person for health care providers, and participates in teaching programs.
To provide independent advanced level nurse practitioner clinical expertise to patients and their families on an on-going basis. This includes the management of chronic stable medical conditions, routine care, acute or critical care, and medical and specialty protocols (e.g. chemotherapy) as defined by standardized procedures for your specific department. This may include non-invasive or invasive procedures, surgical procedures, including operative first assist per approved standardized procedures as identified by the list available on the Medical Staff Office. Patient management decisions will be independent where appropriate after assessment of the patient and interdependent with consultation with an attending or other member of the team. NP’s are expected to act as an expert resource person for health care providers including nurses, residents and other ancillary staff.
Provides direct patient care to a diversified patient population. Applies knowledge, experience and judgment to determine the importance of a situation, set priorities, and use abstract thought to evaluate clinical situations. Participates in patient and staff education. Demonstrates leadership skills. Demonstrates accountability for own practices as defined by the Nurse Practice Act.Required Qualifications
• One (1) year or greater experience as a Nurse Practitioner in Neurocritical Care, Critical care, or Neurosurgery
• Current AHA CPR/BLS and ACLS Certifications
• National NP board certification in aligned specialty with the practice area or enrolled in an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP) program withing 3-6 months of hire
• Emergency Neurological Life Support (ENLS) certification within three months of hire
• Graduation with a Master's degree, DNP or PhD in Nursing from an accredited School of Nursing.
• Possession of valid California RN and Nurse Practitioner license without restrictions.
• Furnishing license.
• DEA within 3 months of hire.
• Judgement skills to effectively meet the needs of patients.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Self-direction and organizational skills to function in an independent role.
• Ability to cope with personal stress experienced by team members, other professionals, and caretakers.
• Ability to perform patient procedures.
Applicants are encouraged to upload license and certification if required of the position.Preferred Qualifications
• One year or greater recent clinical experience in Neurocritical careSpecial Requirements
• Ability to work flexible hours.
• References reflect an overall meet or exceeds
• Evaluation must be a meets or exceeds
• Ability to meet minimum standards for hospital credentialing and billing standards as a billable provider
• This position may be subject to a criminal background investigation, drug screen, Live Scan fingerprinting, medical evaluation clearance, and functional capacity assessment.
• The University of California has implemented a SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program SARS-CoV-2 Vaccination Policy (ucop.edu) covering all employees. To be compliant with the policy, employees must submit proof of vaccination or a University-approved exception or deferral.
To view full job description and submit an on-line application visit UC Davis Career Opportunities at:http://18.104.22.168/counter.php?id=228317
Job ID #34144
The University of California, Davis is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer