Neurocritical Care Nurse Practitioner I/IICompany:
UC Davis Medical CenterPosition:
Neurocritical Care Nurse Practitioner I/IISalary Range:
$68.67 to $90.62 HourlyDescription:
UC Davis Medical Center
Neurocritical Care Nurse Practitioner I/II
Salary Range: $68.67 to $90.62 Hourly
The Neurocritical Care Nurse Practitioner works collaboratively with Neurointensivits and residents to manage our critically ill patient population consisting of traumatic brain injury, acute stroke, subarachnoid hemorrhage, intracranial hemorrhages, brain tumors, status epilepticus, neuromuscular disorders, seizures, CNS infections, as well as postoperative neurosurgical patients. The NP will perform bedside procedures such as placement of central venous catheters, arterial lines, lumbar punctures, etc. The NP will also be encouraged to assist in education of residents and nurses as well as participate in research.
• NP II ONLY - Minimum of one year experience as a nurse practitioner in a hospital setting.
• Possession of valid California RN and Nurse Practitioner license.
• Furnishing license on hire.
• DEA within three months of hire.
• Master's degree from an accredited School of Nursing.
• Graduation from an Acute Care NP Program
• National NP certification.
• Current ACLS certification.
• Recent neurological surgery experience.
• Emergency Neurological Life Support (ENLS).
• Ability to work flexible hours
• Able to lift 25 pounds, see well enough to read gauges and identify injuries
• THIS POSITION MAY BE SUBJECT TO A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION, DRUG SCREEN, LIVE SCAN FINGERPRINTING, MEDICAL EVALUATION CLEARANCE, AND FUNCTIONAL CAPACITY ASSESSMENT
THIS IS NOT A H1-B OPPORTUNITY
To view full job description and submit an on-line application visit UC Davis Career Opportunities at http://220.127.116.11/counter.php?id=166353
Requisition number #056716
The University of California, Davis is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer