Our 12 month neurohospitalist fellowship is an opportunity to refine your expertise caring for patients with acute neurologic diseases in a tertiary care academic setting and smoothly transition into a senior staff neurologist. Our aim is to develop leaders from Henry Ford practicing in both academic and community neurology arenas throughout the world that are notable for their inpatient neurology prowess.
- Inpatient rotations in neurocritical care, vascular neurology, primary neurology GPU and consult neurology providing additional exposure to the full spectrum of acuity (ER, Obs, GPU, medical and specialty ICUs) in a tertiary care center receiving statewide referrals.
- Didactics in the form of departmental conferences, regional symposiums and the national society meeting.
Regular schedule of department conferences: weekly and monthly
Neurology Morning Report, Neurovascular, Neuroradiology, Neuromuscular pathology, Grand rounds (Neuroscience, Medicine, Critical care), Journal clubs and Morbidity & Mortality
Periodic regional neuroscience symposiums
Neuroscience lectureships, Annual Detroit Neurology symposium, Emergency Neurological Life Support, Brain Death symposium and regional neurocritical care journal club
National Neurohospitalist Society annual meeting
- Opportunity to participate in ongoing clinical research trials and mentorship for individual projects.
- Quality improvement curriculum and opportunity to participate in quality committees.
- Junior staff role including staff meetings, transition to independent direct and indirect patient care, coding and documentation physician education, medical student and resident education, and grand rounds or regional symposium speaking opportunities.
For more information contact Dr. Bradley Howell at firstname.lastname@example.org