Neurointensive Care Specialist, Assistant Professor (Clinician-Educator) in the Department of Neurology at Wayne State University School of Medicine
Department of Neurology at Wayne State University seeks a physician who is subspecialized in Neurointensive Care. Our NICU is located in Detroit Receiving Hospital, a Level I trauma center and primary stroke center in Detroit. The NICU team provides high quality of care to a large number of patients with neurotrauma, cerebrovascular diseases, epilepsy and other critical neurological illness. The NICU also maintains a large database of these critically ill patients. The team has actively engaged clinical trials and other research projects. The details for a desired candidate are as follows:
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Work with your colleagues in NICU team closely and deliver high quality of care to patients in the closed NICU
2. Motivated to conduct clinical research in the areas of traumatic brain injuries, subarachnoid hemorrhage, stroke and related disorders of NICU.
3. Participate in teaching programs for medical students, residents and fellows.
4. Participate conferences, seminars and other academic activities in the Department of Neurology.
1. M.D. or D.O. degree required.
2. Completed a training in accredited fellowship program in Neurocritical Care.
3. Eligible for Michigan medical license.
4. Rank commensurate with credentials.
Interested candidates should visit https://jobs.wayne.edu and apply to posting number 043775.
Email a cover letter, CV, three references and a PDF of your 2-3 best publications to Ms. Carla Santiago Martinez (Manager of Neurology Department) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If interested, we will reach out to you for a formal interview.
Wayne State University is a premier, public, urban research university located in the heart of Detroit where students from all backgrounds are offered a rich, high quality education. Our deep rooted commitment to excellence, collaboration, integrity, diversity and inclusion creates exceptional educational opportunities preparing students for success in a diverse, global society. WSU encourages applications from women, people of color, and other underrepresented people. Wayne State is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.