*Neurosciences Unit at MU Health Care*
• Work at a LEVEL I STROKE CENTER with dedicated neuro therapy teams!
• 83 percent of staff have an advanced certification!
• Join a unit that has expanded its epilepsy monitoring unit
• We provide advanced certifications and trainings including SCRN, CNRN, CCRN, and more.
• Work with State-of-the-art Technology
• Earn a $10,000 Retention Reward - Every year you stay with us, we will give you $2,000 on your anniversary date for up to 5 years!
• Up to $10,000 in Student Loan Repayment = Up to $2,000/year for 5 years
• $5,000 Relocation Incentive if you live greater than 50 miles from Columbia
MU Health Care Awards:
• 2017 & 2018 Award for "Top 150 Best Places to Work in Health Care"- Becker's Hospital Review
• One of the Nation's "Most Wired" hospitals8 consecutive years (2011-2018) - Most Wired Survey
• Transformational Leadership Award - College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) and the American Hospital Association.
• Global HIMSS Enterprise Nicholas E. Davies Award of Excellence
Shift: Various Shift Openings
Location: University Hospital
Department: Neuroscience Unit
Salary Range: $22.77/hr - $37.96/hr
Assesses the patient's condition and nursing needs, sets goals, and prescribes appropriate nursing actions to meet those goals and the physical, psychological, social, and rehabilitative needs of the patient, including discharge planning.
Assesses, intervenes, and reassesses the patient's self-report/symptoms of pain promptly. Utilize an appropriate tool for assessment and reassessment (0-10 numerical scale, FACES, or the FLACC.)
Demonstrates an understanding of medications with regards to action and side effects. Reports pertinent information to appropriate individual. Educates patients and significant others about their medications.
Demonstrates the ability to evaluate effectiveness of nursing interventions in accomplishing goals and intended patient care outcomes.
Maintains the standards of nursing care and implements the policies and procedures of the hospital and Nursing Dept.
Participates in meetings, in-services, and quality and performance improvement groups. Full understanding of the attendance and punctuality guidelines, and adhere to the dress code.
Reports pertinent observations and reactions regarding patients to the appropriate person (i.e. physicians, head nurse, charge nurse, and/or nursing supervisor) and records those observations accurately and concisely. Provides quality care to patients and work with multi-disciplinary team to ensure the highest patient satisfaction.
Possession of a current Missouri license to practice as a registered nurse or eligible to be licensed.