RN – Neuro ICU & Acute CareCompany:
The Queen's Medical CenterRegion:
The Queen’s Medical Center – Honolulu
RN – Neuro ICU
RN – Acute Care (Neuro Tele)
We are seeking experienced RNs with a passion for Neuro nursing to join our team of healthcare professionals. Bring your clinical and interpersonal skills, professionalism and commitment to Neuro nursing to play a significant role in perpetuating our culture of passion and dedication through The Queen Emma Way!
ICU: As a member of our Neuro ICU RN team, this is an opportunity for you to advance your skills in Neuro ICU care. Our Neuro ICU RNs work alongside our highly specialized team of Neuro providers that include Neurointerventionalists, Neuro Surgeons, Neuro Intensivists and dedicated Neuro APRNs to deliver advanced care to our patients. Our ICU team utilizes RAUMEDIC to monitor ICP and brain oxygenation, iSchemaView’s RAPID software for stroke care.
Tele: As a member of our Neuro Tele RN team, this is an opportunity for you to grow in the Neuro specialty and start your path into advanced Neuro nursing.
• Comprehensive Stroke Center - Queen’s Neuroscience Institute is Hawaii’s first and only Comprehensive Stroke Center designated by The Joint Commission. Expert stroke care includes the state’s only Neuroscience Intensive Care Unit (ICU). Stroke patients in Hawaii receive stroke care comparable to the most advanced centers on the mainland.
• Level 4 Comprehensive Epilepsy Center - Accredited by the National Association of Epilepsy Centers (NAEC) as a Level 4 Epilepsy Center. Hawaii patients do not have to travel to the mainland for advanced care for epilepsy and seizure disorders. We are able to provide all the services that patients may need for the treatment of even the most complex epilepsy cases.
• MD Anderson Cancer Network® Affiliation - The Queen's Medical Center is a certified member of MD Anderson Cancer Network® to advance the level of care in Hawaii. For patients with brain tumors, we offer stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT) and access to Gamma Knife stereotactic radiosurgery.
• Magnet® Recognition - The Queen’s Medical Center is the first and only hospital in Hawaii to achieve Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
• Level I Trauma Center - The Queen's Medical Center is verified as a Level 1 Trauma Center by the American College of Surgeons. We are the state's designated trauma center. Queen’s Neuro Comprehensive Care Unit provides care to patients with TBI, spinal cord injuries and other neurological conditions and disorders.
• Nationally recognized healthcare organization – US News & World Report Best Hospitals (2017-2018); the only Hawaii hospital named to the 2018 Newsweek top 100 hospitals in the US (ranked #87).
• Employee Centered – Queen’s offers a generous compensation and benefits package that includes a non-contributory pension plan and a 401(k) program with an employer match.
What you will do:
• Work closely with our team of Neuro healthcare professionals and other multi-disciplinary teams to provide state-of-the-art medical care to patients with neurological diseases in the Hawaii community and the greater Pacific Region.
• Initiate and develop the plan of care, and provide patient/family education, utilization management and discharge planning within the framework of our core values of Compassion, Aloha, Respect and Excellence (CARE).
• Licensed Registered Nurse, State of Hawaii
• Nursing degree.
• Current BLS/HCP and ACLS certification (if Tele or ICU trained/experienced).
• Ability to read, write, speak and understand English effectively.
• ICU = 1 year ICU RN experience.
• Tee = 1 year Tele RN experience
• Baccalaureate degree in Nursing.
• Current NIH Stroke Scale (NIHSS) certification.
The Queen's Medical Center Human Resources Website:
Please apply at www.queens.org/careers