APP- Neurocritical Care
Ochsner Medical Center
Neurocritical Care PA or NP
New Orleans, LA
Ochsner Health System is currently seeking advanced practice providers for our neurocritical care program. Our program resides at Ochsner Medical Center in New Orleans, Ochsner’s flagship hospital. This provider will practice in a 38-bed neuroICU.
We are seeking to hire Advanced Practice Providers – NPs (acute care ONLY) or PAs, ideally with critical care, neurology/neurosurgery or neurocritical care experience to add to our team.
Our advanced practice model offers 24/7 coverage of our complex neurocritically ill patients. As vital members of the team, the APP will work with the neurocritical care intensivists, fellows, residents, and existing APPs as an integral part of the care team.
Key duties will include physical assessment, development and implementation of diagnostic and therapeutic plans, interpretation of physical exam laboratory, imaging, and physiologic data and clinical documentation. Procedures (central lines, arterial lines, lumbar punctures, and airway management etc.) will also be performed by the APP.
We are currently hiring with the goal of adding two additional, full-time APPs to our current 24/7 neuroICU APP coverage. Scheduling availability includes day/night rotating 12-hour shifts, including a minimum of 3 weekend shifts (days) and 12 of 28 days per scheduling period.
Current job posting info:
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
• Must have computer skills and dexterity required for data entry and retrieval of required job information.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information clearly and professionally.
• Must be proficient with Windows-style applications, various software packages specific to role and keyboard.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Working knowledge of Advanced Practice Provider policies and protocols at a department and campus/system level.
• Reliable transportation as must be able to travel throughout and between facilities.
• Must be able to work a flexible work schedule (e.g. 24/7, weekend, holiday, on call availability).
• Utilizes the approved medical practices process in the delivery of all patient care.
• Provides care based on physical, psycho/social, educational, safety and related criteria, appropriate to the ages of patients served in assigned areas.
• Maintains an attitude of inquiry towards medical practices and patient care outcomes, and may develop research methodology.
• Provides education experiences to patient families, staff, other health professionals, and to the community.
• Adapts behavior to the specific patient population, including but not limited to: respect for privacy, method of introduction to the patient, adapting explanation of services or procedures to be performed, requesting permissions and communication style.
• Other related duties as required. The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Contact First Name:
Contact Last Name: