Clinical Pharmacy Specialist- Neurocritical CareCompany:
Ochsner Health System- Ochsner Medical CenterDepartment:
New Orleans, LADescription:
This job assumes responsibility for the medication management of assigned patients; monitors and evaluates medication therapy for appropriateness based on the patient's health status, institutional criteria /guidelines, and cost efficient measures including medication reconciliation, medication monitoring and patient education; remains integrally involved in the education of Pharmacy and Medical Residents and provides education to health care providers as needed; and provides pharmacy expert content for order sets, benefit design, formularies, and other pharmacy related documents as needed.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at Ochsner's discretion.EducationRequired
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy
- Completion of a PGY1 Pharmacy Practice Residency (3 years related specialty experience accepted in lieu of PGY1 Residency)
- Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD)
- Completion of a PGY2 Specialty Pharmacy Residency
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
- Current Pharmacy license in the state of practice
- Must have computer skills and dexterity required for data entry and retrieval of patient information. Must be proficient with Windows-style applications and keyboard.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information clearly and professionally to varying levels of individuals throughout the patient care process.
- Strong leadership/teaching skills
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.Ochsner is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.Physical and Environmental Demands
- Provides pharmacokinetic consultation, obtains and uses appropriate laboratory data to evaluate drug medical selection and dosing and communicates findings to health care practitioner.
- Evaluates patient response to drug therapy.
- Exhibits good patient outcomes by documenting interventions and conducting outcome studies/ evaluations in regards to the clinical activities performed.
- Assists with the development of pathways, best practices, and guidelines for their assigned population.
- Educates staff, students, patients, health care providers and other health care professionals. Submits for publication once every two years.
- Mentors residents, students and new staff to meet departmental goals.
- Responsible for overall patient care beyond the hospital visit, through all transitions of care.
- Accommodates the special needs of the organization by volunteering to do any work/task when staffing shortages occur in technical and non-technical areas due to inclement weather, electrical power outages, computer downtime or other situations.
- Adapts behavior to the specific patient population, including but not limited to: respect for privacy, method of introduction to the patient, adapting explanation of services or procedures to be performed, requesting permissions and communication style.
- Other related duties as required.
- Complies with the Ochsner Health System Compliance & Privacy Program and Standards of Conduct, including the immediate reporting of any known or suspected unethical or questionable behaviors or conduct; patient/employee safety, patient privacy, and/or other compliance-related concerns.
The physical essential functions of this job include (but are not limited to) the following: Frequently exerting 10-20 pounds of force to move objects; occasionally up to 100 pounds of force. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for sedentary work. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Because the incumbent works within a healthcare setting, there may be occupational risk for exposure to hazardous medications or hazardous waste within the environment through receipt, transport, storage, preparation, dispensing, administration, cleaning and/or disposal of contaminated waste. The risk level of exposure may increase depending on the essential job duties of the role.
Are you ready to make a difference? Apply Today!
Ochsner Health System endeavors to make our site accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website, or if you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact our HR Employee Service Center at 504-842-4748 (select option 1) or email@example.com
. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.Contact First Name:
YanaContact Last Name: