YALE UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINEDepartment:
MD, PhD, ScD, DrPH, MPH or MSGENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
This is an opportunity for a highly motivated individual with a background in biological or data sciences to perform cutting-edge research utilizing clinical, physiological, genetic and imaging data assembled from human subjects with stroke or acute brain injury. There are also opportunities to design or analyze trial data. Receiving general direction from one of the Division of Neurocritical Care & Emergency Neurology faculty members, and working in close collaboration with several investigators from across Yale and other institutions in the US, the incumbent will advance research work focused on acute stroke, brain injury, both ischemic and hemorrhagic, with focus on clinical trial design and execution, physiological monitoring, neuroimaging analyses and population genetics.
Visa sponsorship for non-US applicants is possible.PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The postdoc will be responsible for project management, preparation of presentation materials, writing of manuscripts and grant applications, supervision of technologists and coordinators, presentations at local, national and international conferences. With broad support from Faculty members, the post-doctoral fellow will design and implement studies on the topics mentioned above, will analyze relevant data and lead the process of manuscript and grant writing. We are committed to tailor the training experience to the trainee’s goals and career stage, providing the necessary background and tools to prepare the her/him for competitive faculty or residency/fellowship positions.QUALIFICATIONS:
• MD, PhD, ScD, DrPH, MPH or MSc (required)
• Proven experience in multi-tasking various assigned scientific/research projects (required)
• Training in Epidemiology and/or Biostatistics (preferred)
SKILLS / ABILITIES / COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Time Management: Exceptional organizational skills and ability to organize time and priorities effectively, asking for direction when appropriate. Flexibility to handle multiple tasks and deadline pressures.
• Analytical Skills: Ability to conceptualize and conduct complex analysis of research data
• Capacity for independent work
• Critical Thinking/Decision Making: Ability to appropriately evaluate all aspects of a situation and to independently make appropriate and timely decisions.
• Interpersonal/communication: Excellent interpersonal/communications skills and a good command of English language, including medical and scientific terminology.
• Information Systems/Technology Skills: Exceptional computer skills (including operating systems, word processing, database, electronic mail, Internet, and spreadsheets).
• Experience with statistical and programing software (R, MatLab, SQL, Stata), preferred.
Please send CV and 3 professional references to:
Kevin N. Sheth, MD
15 York Street | LLCI Room 1003C
New Haven, CT 06520