Neurocritical Care Nurse Practitioner II- SOMCompany:
UC Davis Medical CenterDepartment:
At least 1 year of recent NP experienceSalary Range:
$70.73 - $93.34 HourlyDescription:
Final Filing Date: 9/30/2020
The Neurocritical Care Nurse Practitioner working as a Nurse Practitioner II provides clinical expertise to acutely and critically ill neurosurgery and neurology patients and their families in inpatient areas, is a resource person for health care providers, and participates in teaching programs.
To provide independent advanced level nurse practitioner clinical expertise to patients and their families on an on-going basis. This includes the management of chronic stable medical conditions, routine care, acute or critical care, and medical and specialty protocols (e.g. chemotherapy) as defined by standardized procedures for your specific department. This may include non-invasive or invasive procedures, surgical procedures, including operative first assist per approved standardized procedures as identified by the list available on the Medical Staff Office. Patient management decisions will be independent where appropriate after assessment of the patient and interdependent with consultation with an attending or other member of the team. NP’s are expected to act as an expert resource person for health care providers including nurses, residents and other ancillary staff.
Provides direct patient care to a diversified patient population. Applies knowledge, experience and judgment to determine the importance of a situation, set priorities, and use abstract thought to evaluate clinical situations. Participates in patient and staff education. Demonstrates leadership skills. Demonstrates accountability for own practices as defined by the Nurse Practice Act.Required Qualifications
• At least 1 year of recent NP experience in a similar setting.
• Recent NP experience working in neurocritical care, critical care, neurosurgery, or neurology.
• Enrollment in Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP-BC) program within 3-6 months of hire and completion within 6 months of published program duration.
• Possession of valid California RN and Nurse Practitioner license
• Furnishing license
• DEA within 3 months of hire
• Graduation with a master’s degree, DNP or PhD in Nursing from an accredited School of Nursing
• National NP board certification in an aligned specialty with the practice area
• Ability to cope with personal stress experienced by team members, other professionals, and caretakers
• Current BLS and CPR and ACLS
• Emergency Neurological Life Support (ENLS) certification within three months of hire
• Strong desire and commitment to care for critically ill patients with neurological disease.
• General critical care procedural experience.
• Basic EEG interpretation experience.
• References reflect an overall meets or exceeds.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Judgement skills to effectively meet the needs of patients
• Self-direction and organizational skills to function in an independent role
• Ability to meet minimum standards for hospital credentialing and billing standards as a billable provider
• Ability to work flexible hours
• This position may be subject to a criminal background investigation, drug screen, Live Scan fingerprinting, medical evaluation clearance, and functional capacity assessment.
To view full job description and submit an on-line application visit UC Davis Career Opportunities athttp://188.8.131.52/counter.php?id=185033
Job ID #6934
The University of California, Davis is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity EmployerPhone: