Neurocritical Care Advanced Practitioner (PA/NP)Company:
Lehigh Valley Hospital NetworkDepartment:
At Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN), we continually go the extra mile to fulfill our mission to heal, comfort and care for the people of our community. Each one of our 18,000 colleagues contributes to this mission and helps make the Lehigh Valley and all communities we serve healthier – and better – places in which to live. Our health care professionals provide amazing care every day!
At Lehigh Valley Health Network, you can provide community care and impact lives of your patients! We are seeking an enthusiastic Advanced Practice Provider (APP) who has exceptional clinical and interpersonal skills to join our team in Allentown, PA.
The Department of Neurology at Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN) has a challenging and rewarding nurse practitioner or physician assistant opportunity available in night-time neurocritical care. The successful candidate will join an elite multidisciplinary team of providers including neurocritical care neurologists, stroke specialists, and neurosurgeons to treat neurologically critically ill patients in our 14-bed neurocritical care unit.Job Responsibilities
APPs are part of a multidisciplinary team of 4 neurointensivists that plan and deliver care for complex neuroscience patients including complex stroke, status epilepticus, and tumor resections.
The NP/PA will provide ongoing direct patient care and full clinical support as the primary ICU team managing critically ill neurological patients in our 14-bed neurocritical unit and will assist with neurocritical care consultation on patients in the Emergency department. This APP joins a team of 5 other APPs that function as liaison to clinical staff and family members of the neuroICU patients.Professional skills
· Should be comfortable and willing to learn ventilator management, arterial and central line insertion
· Commitment to providing high-quality careJob Qualifications
· Must be Board Eligible or Board Certified
· Minimum two years of experience working within an ICU setting preferred
· Current ACLS and ENLS preferred
· A Valid PA Medical License or ability to obtain one is required
· Graduate from accredited educational program for Nurse PractitionersBenefits & Perks
· Attractive work schedule
· Highly Competitive Compensation with a superb benefits package
· Low cost health insurance for employees
· CME reimbursement and time outside of normal PTO to take classes, attend conferences etc.
· Matching 403b and a defined pension program
· APC Mentorship Program
Interested applicants please send CV to Kyle Rickert, Physician Recruiter at Kyle_A.Rickert@lvhn.org
or call 484-862-3918 to learn more.Contact First Name:
KyleContact Last Name: