Clinical Nursing Consultant II - NSICU/6ESDCompany:
Neuroscience Intensive Care Unit (NSICU)Position:
Clinical Nursing Consultant II - NSICU/6ESDRegion:
Clinical Nursing Consultant II - NSICU/6ESD (Job ID #127775)
UI Health is looking to fill a position of a Clinical Nursing Consultant II for our Neuroscience Intensive Care Unit (NSICU).
The Clinical Nursing Consultant II (CNCII) is accountable for facilitating the delivery of patient care utilizing the Nursing Process and Relationship-Based Care model as the framework.
The CNCII provides patient care and consultation, coordinates the educational development of staff members and acts as a role model in clinical practice. The CNCII strives to improve patient outcomes by integrating Shared Leadership, Evidence Based Practice Relationship Based Care and standards of nursing excellence into clinical practice. Through therapeutic relationships with patients, families, self and colleagues, the Clinical Nursing Consultant II participates in monitoring, developing, and evaluating nursing practice while fulfilling unit and organizational goals.
- Three (3) - five (5) years of Neuroscience (Neurosurgery/Neurology/Stroke) or critical care nursing experience required.
- ACLS & IL RN licensure required.
- Masters in Nursing with a concentration in adult critical care preferred.
- CCRN or Neuroscience-related certification preferred.
- Current NIH Stroke Scale certification preferred.
- Experience with inpatient quality improvement and/or education preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software. Effective communication skills, both written and oral required.
- Excellent attendance, interpersonal skills and work history required.
For fullest consideration, please submit a complete application and supplemental resume to the link below:
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Offers of employment by the University of Illinois may be subject to approval by the University's Board of Trustees and are made contingent upon the candidate's successful completion of any criminal background checks and other pre-employment assessments that may be required for the position being offered. Additional information regarding such pre-employment checks and assessments may be provided as applicable during the hiring process.
The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit www.hr.uillinois.edu/cms/One.aspx?portalId=4292&pageId=1411899