The Essentials of Neurocritical Care (ENCC) course is designed to teach the essential topics of neurocritical care through a combination of online course material, in-person case discussions, and hands-on workshops. Prior to the live session, participants will be given access to the online course which includes 14 required core modules with recorded lectures and examinations. Training will culminate at the live session with an intensive two days of case discussions and hands-on workshops which will teach specific neurocritical care techniques.
Participants who are certified in Emergency Neurological Life Support (ENLS) will find this course to be an excellent next step in training, as the content goes beyond the first few hours of a neurologic emergency to cover pathophysiology, diagnostic studies, treatment, and transition to discharge.
- Acute Ischemic Stroke
- Intracerebral Hemorrhage
- Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
- Seizures & Epilpesy
- Acute Neuromuscular Disorders
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Traumatic Spinal Cord Injury
- Metabolic Encephalopathies & Delirium
- Hypoxoc-Ischemic Encephalopathy in Adults
- Prognostic Assessment in NCC
- Clinical Evaluation of Coma and Brain Death
- Respiratory Support of the Neurocritically Ill
- Multimodality Neuromonitoring
- Ethics/End of Life
The live session will include the following workshops:
- Airway and ventilation (invasive and non-invasive) management
- Targeted Temperature Management & Sedation
- ICP Placement & Management
- Multimodality monitoring: Oxygenation, perfusion, metabolism, cEEG
- Neurocritical Care Ultrasound
- Neurological Exam/Scales and Imaging
Certification and Continuing Education Credit:
15 hours of CME for the live session
20 hours of CME for the online portion
Successful completion of the live course and accompanying online exams will provide a two-year ENCC certification.
Health Care Professionals and Trainees: $750
In addition to the live and online course materials, participants will receive a one-year subscription to Neurocritical Care ON CALL
, the only online, up-to-date comprehensive resource dedicated to the practice of neurocritical care.