Other Resources for Neurocritical Care Pharmacists
This comprehensive series of podcasts consists of interviews with authors of impactful articles from Neurocritical Care
. The podcasts will be released around the time of the NCS Twitter Journal Club. Together, the NCS Twitter Journal Club and the NCS Podcast Series will provide the listener with an in-depth exploration of hot topics in neurocritical care.
Invited Clinical Pharmacist (ICP) Program
The Pharmacy Leadership Section of the Neurocritical Care Society (NCS) has established guidelines and financial support for an Invited Clinical Pharmacist (ICP) Program. In addition, the committee is responsible for its development, administration, implementation, and continued improvement of this program.
The ICP Program promotes and increases neurocritical care pharmacy practice. During a 1-2 day program, the invited clinical pharmacist is expected to interact with pharmacy practitioners, attend rounds and provide a guest lecture. Additional activities should be proposed by the inviting site. Any current NCS members may apply for the program on behalf of their medical center or university. They should not have received the award in the previous three years. The inviting institution is responsible for securing any permission for the ICP faculty to participate in any activity involving patient care (e.g., HIPPA waivers, etc.).
Qualifications for the ICP Candidates include:
- Must have post graduate training in critical care or equivalent critical care experience
- Must have at least 5 years of experience in neuroICU
- Must have leadership experience within NCS (FNCS members are preferred but not required)
- Must have at least 3 years of experience in a teaching/academic/community-based hospital
- Must be board certified in pharmacotherapy or critical care pharmacotherapy
- Must have at least 3 publications in neuroICU topics
The inviting NCS pharmacist/faculty member will be asked to present their experience at a subsequent NCS Annual Meeting during a pharmacy-related event.
Click here to download the program application.
We are accepting applications until December 31, 2019 11:59 pm CST. Please email the program application, most recent CV, and proposed itinerary to email@example.com.