The Neurocritical Care Society offers a program that denotes “letters” to recognize exceptional service, academic excellence, and leadership in the field of Neurocritical care. This program is called Fellow of Neurocritical Care Society (FNCS). Individuals who meet the requirements of this Fellowship will add the letters, FNCS, to their respective titles.
A FNCS candidate must meet the following criteria along with submitting the outlined items:
- Completed application form.
- Current curriculum vitae
- A personal statement outlining the applicant’s reasons for applying. Statement Template
- A copy of the applicant’s primary certification which must be completed and up to date, i.e., Board certification in medical, nursing, pharmacy, respiratory therapy specialty.
- Three written letters of recommendation, one of which must be from a professional that is not your specialty (i.e. Nurse, Physician, Pharmacist, etc.). All letters must be from active NCS members outlining why the applicant should be accepted as a fellow. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure these letters are sent to the NCS Executive Office in a timely manner. Letter Template
- Applicant must be an active member of the Neurocritical Care Society for a minimum of 5 years.
- Applicant must have participated in at least 5 national or international medical society based conferences with a Neurocritical care focus, with a minimum of 2 of these being the Neurocritical Care Society Annual Meeting. Meetings attended must be detailed on the application.
The applications for fellowship will be reviewed by the NCS FNCS Credentialing Committee which is comprised of the following individuals – all of whom are FNCS certified. FNCS Committee members are not eligible to write letters of recommendation.
Lori Shutter, Committee Chair
Wendy Wright, Committee Co-Chair
W. Andrew Kofke
John Lewin III
Completed applications and all requirements should be sent to the NCS Executive Office at email@example.com with any questions.