NCS 16th Annual Meeting
September 25-28, 2018 | Boca Raton Resort & Club | Boca Raton, FL
The Neurocritical Care Society’s 16th Annual Meeting, themed “Neurocritical Care Without Borders,” is dedicated to the spirit of defining neurocritical care around the world.
As our Society and the neurocritical care field have grown and expanded, this year’s Annual Meeting celebrates the spirit of the impact and possibilities of our reach as neurocritical care professionals. It also allows us to reﬂect on NCS’ international presence, showcasing the global achievements of our colleagues in neurocritical care.
The NCS Annual Meeting serves as the main source of fundraising for the NCS Research Fund. Make a donation to a Run for Research team to help them win the fundraising competition and support neurocritical care research!
Claim Your Continuing Education Credit for the Annual Meeting
Annual Meeting attendees can claim their credit for this year's meeting by clicking here.
This activity is designed for physicians, nurses, pharmacists and other healthcare specialists, including residents/fellows, who care for patients requiring neurocritical care.
- Discern clinical practice and challenges for neurocritical care patients around the globe.
- Identify best practice strategies and clinical challenges when caring for neurocritical care patients with traumatic brain injury, intracranial hemorrhage, stroke, and central nervous system infections.
- Examine ongoing clinical trials, controversies in clinical practice and end-of-life decision-making strategies in the care of patients with neurologic injury.
- Determine opportunities to use neuromonitoring, informatics, genomics, and quality metrics in the neuroscience ICU to improve quality of care.
- Learn the challenges and strategies for prognostication and management of critically ill patients with hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy, near-brain dead conditions, and post-ICU syndrome.
This activity is designed to address the following core and team competencies:
Patient Care, Medical Knowledge, Practice-based Learning, System-based Practice, Interdisciplinary Teams, Quality Improvement, Utilize Informatics, and Employee evidence-based practice.
Accreditation Jointly Accredited Provider TM
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by Cine-Med and the Neurocritical Care Society. Cine-Med is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Ciné-Med designates this live activity for a maximum of 30 AMA PRA Category 1Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This educational activity is approved for 30 contact hours for nurses.
This activity has been accredited for 3.00 CEU (30 credit hours) of continuing education credit.