Fundraising at the NCS Annual Meeting
Every year, the Annual Meeting offers multiple opportunities to both raise money and donate to the Neurocritical Care Research Grant Fund. This year's total fundraising goal between the Run for Research and the Lip Sync Battle is $25,000.
This fund supports several programs including:
- Cristanne Wijman Young Investigator Award – An award presented at the Annual Meeting for the outstanding abstract submitted by a junior member of the society (student, resident, or fellow).
- NCS Fund A Fellow Research Fund – An annual fellowship opportunity for an early career investigator.
- INvesting in CLINical Neurocritical CarE Research Grant (INCLINE) – A research grant opportunity for members to foster promising and innovative, collaborative, multi-center research.
This year, get excited for the Lip Sync Battle at the Annual Banquet, and the Run for Research in Vancouver Harbor! Checkout the information below to learn more about ways you can make an impact.
Prepare for battle at the Annual Banquet... a Lip Sync Battle, that is! Five NCS Leaders have been nominated to lip sync a song by a popular Canadian performer—think Celine Dion, Justin Bieber, Shania Twain, etc. Annual Meeting attendees can donate to the NCS Leader they hope to see perform, and the Leader who raises the most money will lip sync onstage at the Annual Banquet! Click here
|Dr. Claude Hemphill
||Dr. Theresa Human
Dr. Aarti Sarwal
Annual Meeting Workshops Chair
|Dr. Wade Smith
| Dr. Jose Suarez
Annual Banquet attendees also have the opportunity to battle it out onstage. Individuals or teams who are interested in competing in the NCS Lip Sync Battle must raise $750 or more, and five lucky individuals/teams will be selected to compete following the NCS Leader’s performance.
DONATE OR CREATE A TEAM
Remember, 100% of funds received go towards supporting the Neurocritical Care Research Central Grant Fund, and every penny helps! This year’s goal is to raise over $10,000 at the Annual Banquet, and we hope to exceed that goal with your help.
Kick-off your morning with a beautiful run along the Harbour in the fresh Vancouver air! There is no better way to stretch your legs during the NCS 17th Annual Meeting than to sign up for the 6th Annual 5k run and 2 mile walk.
The best part? 100% of funds received go towards supporting the Neurocritical Care Research Central Grant Fund. This means that you have the unique opportunity to support the central mission of the society and the Neurocritical care field while getting in a great workout.
How You Can Contribute
- Join an existing team or create your own by clicking here. Bonus points for a creative team name!
- Make a general donation to the "Sleep in for Research" Team
This Year's Prizes
Top Fundraising Team:
- 1st Place: $500 in educational products
- 2nd Place: $250 in educational products
- 3rd Place: On Call Subscription
Top Fundraising Individual:
- 1st Place: Free Membership