Fundraising at the NCS Annual Meeting
Every year, the Annual Meeting offers multiple opportunities to both raise money and donate to the Neurocritical Care Research Grant Fund, and this year is no different, even though we are not getting together in-person. This year's total fundraising goal between the Run for Research and the Lip Sync Battle is $25,000.
This fund supports several programs including:
- Cristanne Wijman Young Investigator Award – An award presented at the Annual Meeting for the outstanding abstract submitted by a junior member of the society (student, resident, or fellow).
- NCS Fund A Fellow Research Fund – An annual fellowship opportunity for an early career investigator.
- INvesting in CLINical Neurocritical CarE Research Grant (INCLINE) – A research grant opportunity for members to foster promising and innovative, collaborative, multi-center research.
Lace up your shoes and join NCS for the 7th Annual Run for Research. We invite you to come together with other neurocritical care professionals, even while we’re apart to support the NCS research mission.
You can run your favorite 5k course – anywhere you choose, but ask that you complete your race during official meeting dates of September 22-25.
As a reminder, 100% of funds received go towards supporting the Neurocritical Care Research Central Grant Fund. This means that you have the unique opportunity to support the central mission of the society and the neurocritical care field while getting in a great workout.
Included in your registration:
- Official race bib you can print at home
- Race t-shirt (if you register before September 1)
- Digital finisher’s certificate
How Does it Work?
This year, the Run for Research will look a tad different. First, make sure you’ve registered for the race during your meeting registration. If you’ve already registered for the meeting, you can easily add the Run for Research to your registration. Follow these steps:
- Log-in to the NCS website, and navigate to view your registration here
- Click view your registration details, then select My Registration
- Scroll to Registration Details, and select Add Additional Options on the right hand side of the page.
- Add the NCS Run for Research to your registration; when you select add, you will be prompted to enter your first name, last name, acknowledge the run waiver, and select your t-shirt size.
- Select Finish your registration, add payment for the run, and complete your add-on registration
- If you have any questions or need help adding the run to your registration, please email email@example.com
After you complete your registration, you’ll be able to access the Virtual Run for Research page to set your own fitness goals and fundraising targets. You can setup your own devices to track your run and enter your results and see how you stack up against your peers.
How You Can Contribute
SIGN UP FOR THE RUN FOR RESEARCH
Join an existing team or create your own by Bonus points for a creative team name! Invite your family, friends, neighbors, and colleagues to take part or sponsor you.
- Join an existing team or create your own by clicking here. Bonus points for a creative team name! Invite your family, friends, neighbors, and colleagues to take part or sponsor you.
- Make a general donation to the "Sleep in for Research" Team
This Year's Prizes
- 1st Place: $500 in educational products
- 2nd Place: $250 in educational products
- 3rd Place: Neurocritical Care ON CALL subscription
- 1st Place: Complimentary registration to the 2021 Annual Meeting
- 2nd Place: Free Membership