VIRTUAL PLATFORM HOW-TO VIDEO
VIRTUAL PLATFORM HOW-TO GUIDE
I didn’t receive my registration confirmation.
Your registration confirmation email is only sent once payment is received. Please contact email@example.com to resend your confirmation email.
If you signed up the day of the event and are looking to access the virtual platform, please note that it may take up to 1 hour for your account to be activated.
You should receive an email from SwapCard (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your authentication link to give you access to the site, where you’ll be able to set up your profile and password. If you are still having problems accessing the virtual event platform, please email email@example.com
What if I wanted to register after the event starts?
You still can. Please register here and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. Note it may take up to 1 hour after you register for your account to be activated.
Where do I pick up my badge if I’m in Chicago?
Once you arrive at the Hyatt Regency Chicago, you can pick up your badge at the Registration and Information Desk, located in the Grand Ballroom Foyer, Ballroom Level (East Tower). After collecting your badge and Event Guide, visit the take-one counter to pick up your conference ribbons, hand sanitizer and wipes plus a disposable mask if you need one.
Monday, October 25 | 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday, October 26 | 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Wednesday, October 27 | 6:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Thursday, October 28 | 7:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Friday, October 29 | 7:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
What if I want to transfer my registration to a co-worker?
Substitutions are allowed at any time prior to the meeting and can be made by submitting the request in writing to email@example.com.
What if I want to cancel and receive a refund?
Because most NCS Annual Meeting sessions will be made available for on-demand viewing, no refunds will be granted.
Virtual Platform/Mobile App
What is the link to the virtual event platform?
How do I log into the virtual event platform?
All attendees will be sent an email on October 20 from firstname.lastname@example.org with details and access information to help make the most of your experience and ensure you have the most up to date information.
How do I download the mobile app?
All attendees will be sent an email on October 20 from email@example.com with details and access information that included mobile app download links. You can also search for "NCS Annual Meeting" in the App Store or GooglePlay Store and use the email you registered with to access the virtual event platform.
What if I’m having trouble logging to the platform or app?
If you have already set your password and have trouble logging in, visit https://ncsannualmeeting.app.swapcard.com and click on “Login.”
Enter the email address you registered with. Your password was self-selected. If you do not remember your password, click the “Forgot your password?” link and follow the prompts on the screen.
If you have any issues, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Does NCS have any resources to help me navigate the virtual platform?
Yes! NCS has created a how-to video for navigating the virtual platform as well as a Virtual Platform How-To Guide with written instructions and visuals.
As an attendee, do I need to download any software in order to participate in virtual meetings/sessions within the platform/website?
No, you don't need any additional software. You will only need a computer and a stable internet connection to join virtual meetings and sessions.
Can I use my iPhone/android/tablet to access the event and watch virtual sessions?
Yes, you can use mobile devices to access and participate in the event, however for the best viewing and engagement experience, it is recommended that you participate on your laptop or desktop computer
Best Practice: Please ensure that your mobile device is connected to a stable internet connection. A connection of 3 Mbps or higher is recommended.
Do we need a full version of Zoom or can I join the sessions through my internet browser?
You can join the sessions through your internet browser, however every session will utilize Zoom. You can confirm you have downloaded the latest version of Zoom at https://zoom.us/download.
What internet browser is recommended?
For the best user experience, we recommend using Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge. Due to limitations within Zoom, attendees in Safari, Firefox or other browsers may experience audio issues.
What are my first steps if I have any technical issues?
If you are experiencing issues accessing the platform or with slow connectivity, we recommend trying the following:
- Ensure you have a stable, strong internet connection. You can test your connection at fast.com. Streaming media requires a bandwidth of at least 25-40 Mbps.
- Connect to your internet router via a hardwire connection such as an ethernet cable.
- Turn off other devices that could be using your internet connection. This includes disconnecting cell phones from the network and asking other people in the home to limit their use (especially for streaming services like YouTube, Netflix, etc.).
- Turn off your company VPN, if connected, as this consumes part of your bandwidth.
- Ensure that https://ncsannualmeeting.app.swapcard.com/ is marked as a "Trusted Site" within your browser
How can I optimize my home internet for a better streaming experience?
- Maximize your internet connection by connecting your computer by an Ethernet cable directly from your internet router.
- If you must use Wi-Fi, try to use the 5GHz network.
- Wi-Fi works best when you are 5-8 ft. from your router.
- Give your router space to breathe by placing it in “free space”. This means not in a TV stand or behind the couch.
- Check and tighten all cable connections, with your router and with your computer.
- Give your router time to reset by turning it off for at least 10 seconds and restarting it. This will boost your internet speed by a few extra mbps.
- Close out other apps on your device that are not essential to you while attending the conference.
- Disconnect other non-essential devices around your home (or office) that are connected to the internet: streaming devices, tablets, phones, video game systems, and/or smart TVs.
What if I can't hear the session?
When joining a session, wait to connect to audio until the video/image loads. This should ensure you have a clear audio connection for the session. If you are in the session and are having audio difficulties, disconnect, and the reconnect your audio.
If my connection freezes for a moment on the chat or the live broadcast, what should I do?
You should first try to refresh your page. If that does not work, please follow the troubleshooting steps listed below.
If you are encountering challenges viewing or hearing a session, try taking these steps:
- Please be sure to use either Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge to access the event site
- Refresh the session page
- Close and re-open your browser window
- Clear your browser cache
Health & Safety in Chicago
Are masks required?
Yes, masks will be required for all indoor events and activities, regardless of vaccination status or negative test results. This is an NCS requirement as well as the current mandate in place within the city of Chicago. Disposable masks will be made available to all attendees at the Registration and Information Desk.
Is there a vaccination requirement?
The most effective way to ensure the safety of all attendees is for you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. However, if you are not vaccinated or prefer not to disclose your vaccination status, you will be required to take a PCR test 72 hours prior to your arrival at the NCS 19th Annual Meeting.
What is the process for Proof of Vaccination or Negative Test?
As part of our commitment to the safety and all attendees, and in compliance with the NCS Health & Safety policy, all attendees joining us in Chicago are required to 1) provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 OR provide a negative PCR COVID-19 test 72 hours our less prior to arrival, and 2) complete a health screening day of arrival.
Prior to arriving in Chicago download the CLEAR mobile app for free and completing the one time enrollment process to verify your entry requirements. Using the CLEAR Health Pass to complete your entry requirements before your arrival at the Hyatt Regency Chicago is the most efficient way to get your badge and into the meeting as quickly as possible.
How do I download/enroll in CLEAR?
You should plan to download and enroll in CLEAR before the meeting. Follow these steps:
- Visit https://clear.app.link/NCS2021 to input your phone number and be sent a link to the CLEAR app
- Download the CLEAR app and tap on the white Health Pass tile
- Select “Have a Code” and type in NCS 2021
- Choose the screening type you will use to complete your entry requirements
- Tap “Enroll or verify you're in CLEAR” to create your CLEAR member account. If it is your first time accessing CLEAR, you will be prompted to enter your email, phone number and gov’t issued photo ID ready to complete enrollment.
- Tap “Add Covid-19 Vaccination” or “Get Tested 72 Hours in Advance” and follow the prompts to securely confirm your proof of vaccination or test
- On the day of your arrival, complete tour Health Survey.
- Tap “Open Health Pass” to get your result. Show your green screen in order to pick-up your badge at registration. Green means you are good to go!
What are the vaccines are accepted?
Only vaccines authorized by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or the World Health Organization (WHO) will be accepted.
Where should I go for COVID-19 testing when in Chicago?
Here is a list of COVID testing sites for attendees to obtain a PCR test for those who experience symptoms when in Chicago and for those who must show proof of a recent negative COVID-19 test in order to board their return flight.
Any other health and safety measures I should be aware of?
- Disposable masks, alcohol wipes, and hand sanitizer will be available at registration.
- Session rooms and the Exhibit Hall will be set up to accommodate attendees who prefer more physical distance as well as those who prefer to sit closer together.
- Session rooms and AV equipment will be disinfected after each session and common areas disinfected continuously. The Hyatt Regency Chicago has achieved the GBAC STARTM facility accreditation, which requires a stringent program for cleaning, disinfection, and infectious disease prevention.
- Food and beverages will be provided in individual packaging when possible (e.g., boxed meals, wrapped snacks, distribution of individual servings) and plated meals will replace self-serve buffets.
International Attendee Considerations
International attendees should always check current travel restrictions to the U.S. on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website before planning your travel, to make sure you will be able to enter the U.S. and return to your home country.
Plan to bring your proof of vaccination for admission into the Hyatt Regency Chicago to pick up your badge. After badge pick-up you will be required to complete a daily health screening survey.
City of Chicago/Hyatt Regency Chicago Health and Safety Practices
In addition, the Hyatt Regency Chicago has implemented the Hyatt Global Care & Cleanliness Commitment program that includes Global Biroisk Advisory Council Star ™ (GBAC) accreditation which means Hyatt is implementing the industry’s highest standards for cleaning, disinfection and infectious disease prevention.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has a checklist of considerations for travelers when making the decision to travel away from their home communities. When you travel, please follow the standard protocols that have been implemented to prevent the spread of the coronavirus:
- Clean your hands often
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Keep six feet distance from others
- Wear a face covering in public
- Cover coughs and sneezes
For the latest guidance, visit the CDC website for guidance on travel within the United States.
How do I view Posters?
Posters sessions are available for on demand viewing in the platform at any time and will be on display in the Exhibit Hall throughout the conference
Where do I find Poster sessions?
We have two dedicated poster presentation times on the schedule on Wednesday, October 27 from 4:15 p.m. – 5:15 p.m. and Thursday, October 28 from 9:45 a.m. – 10:45 a.m. where poster authors will be at their posters to give a presentation in the Exhibit Hall and available in the virtual platform for questions.
Virtual Exhibit Hall
How do I access the Exhibit Hall?
Click the “Exhibit Hall” page listed within the top navigation. Once there, you will see a full listing of all exhibitors. Click on the company tile to access their “booth”.
How can I join a live video meeting with an exhibitor on-demand?
Navigate to the virtual trade show through the Exhibit Hall agenda item or access the exhibitors list directly from the event menu. To connect with a booth staff member, you can schedule a meeting with them using the “Book a Meeting” feature underneath their booth information, or you can use the Chat feature on the right hand side.
How will my information be shared with Exhibitors and Sponsors?
Attendee information is not automatically shared with exhibitors and sponsors, with the exception of a pre-event and post-event attendee list (you had the option to opt-in/out during the registration process) and when you complete certain activities within the platform.
When you chat with exhibitors or view exhibitor materials in their booth (including videos, banner ads, documents and links) your contact information will be collected and shared with exhibitors post-conference. If you wish to opt-out of sharing this information, please email email@example.com.
In Person Exhibit Hall
When is the Exhibit Hall open?
The Exhibit Hall is located in the Riverside Exhibit Hall, Exhibit Hall Level and is open during the following times:
Tuesday, October 26
5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. CT – Welcome Reception
Wednesday, October 27
7:00 a.m. – 10:45 a.m. CT
4:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. CT – Happy Hour starts at 5:00 p.m.
Thursday, October 28
9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. CT
2:30 p.m. – 3:45 p.m. CT
6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. CT - Happy Hour starts at 6:00 p.m.
Friday, October 29
10:00 a.m. -11:30 a.m. CT – Brunch with Exhibitors
How will my information be shared with Exhibitors and Sponsors?
Attendee information is not automatically shared with exhibitors and sponsors, with the exception of a pre-event and post-event attendee list (you had the option to opt-in/out during the registration process). By entering an exhibitor booth in the Swapcard virtual platform or mobile app, you are opting-in to having your contact information shared with exhibitors.
Continuing Education Credits
How many continuing education (CE) hours will be available for the 2021 Annual Meeting?
All paid attendees, both in-person and virtual, will be able to earn up to 38 contact hours. This total does not include any workshop or masterclass sessions, which are an additional fee.
How do I claim my CE credits?
All attendees will be able to claim their first 17.5 CE hours (and CE for any applicable workshops or masterclasses) as part of the live meeting evaluation process. As in previous years, attendees will receive a link to complete evaluations and claim their certificates. All remaining additional CE evaluations will be completed through NCS On-Demand at no additional charge to registered attendees.
What if I witness any strange or unacceptable behavior in the platform or in Chicago?
NCS has implemented Annual Meeting terms and conditions to define unacceptable behavior during the event. Please report any instances at the Registration and Information Desk or to firstname.lastname@example.org for staff to be informed immediately.
What ADA accommodations will be made?
NCS complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and is committed to providing a positive experience for all of our attendees. If you have special requirements due to disability and did not indicate your requests during the registration process, please contact email@example.com